Welton-by-Lincoln Parish Council Website
The next ordinary meeting of the Parish Council will take place on Monday 14th December at 7.30pm
All meetings will take place via Video Conference - see agenda for joining details
NOVEMBER COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Facilities & Recreation
Monday 2nd at 7.30pm
Amenities & Services
Monday 23rd at 7.30pm
Cancelled due to insufficient agenda items
Community Aid 19
Welton-by-Lincoln Parish Council in partnership with Dunholme Parish Council will be re-activating the Community Aid 19 project for the duration of the lockdown commencing on 4th November.
Should you need assistance please call the Community Aid number on 860336 or email email@example.com Calls will be taken Monday – Thursday from 9.00am – 3.00pm and Fridays from 9.00am – midday; outside these hours messages can be left on the answer machine and emails will be responded to as soon as possible.
Prescriptions will only be collected and delivered on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday – please ensure that you place your repeat prescription orders in plenty of time and that they are ready for collection before you call us.
Welton Library & Community Hub has been successful in its bid and has been selected to be a
Lincolnshire Co-op Community Champion
from Sunday 6th September to Friday 27th November 2020
- so please keep on spending.......
| WELTON VILLAGE LIBRARY
Manor Park Sports Club
Hackthorn Road, Welton, LN2 3PA
The library will be offering a Click and Collect service from Monday 16th November - see the Library page for full details
Items can be renewed via the Customer Service Centre on 01522 782010. Please note, this function may be suspended due to LCC critical services requiring access.
A46 Dunholme / Welton Roundabout Update
Eurovia Contracting and Lincolnshire County Council are pleased to report that they are making steady progress and on course to complete work as planned in Spring 2021. On behalf of Eurovia Contracting and Lincolnshire County Council, they would like to thank you for your continued patience and co-operation whilst they deliver the required works.
They have moved over 3,000 tonnes of earth, laid over 1,500 tonnes of tarmac, excavated 275m of new ditches, and lots more.
What was achieved in October
- Installed nearly 220m of new kerb drainage for the new roundabout
- More than 3,000 tonnes of earth moved across site for constructing embankments
- Constructed two new tactile crossings at the new roundabout
- Re-aligned the Horncastle Lane junction to improve drainage and allow more space for vehicles to make the manoeuvres
- Laid over 1,500 tonnes of tarmac for the new roundabout and its Lincoln Road arm
- Completed the installation of 15 new gullies on site
- Installed 300m of new Anglian Water pipes, which will provide the new main feed to Welton and Dunholme
- Installed 100m of new drainage connections and 1km of BT ducting
- Excavated 275m of new ditches
What's happening in November
- Begin construction of new and wider 2.5m shared cycleway/footway
- Complete the installation of the Anglian Water main and a new smaller main near the commercial site
- Continue installing new drainage along the newly aligned Lincoln Road, including excavating and building 14 new gullies and connections
- Lay an additional 1,500 tonnes of new tarmac throughout the site
- Construct 350m of new kerbing
- Finish installing BT boxes and ducting / connecting cables
Current/Ongoing traffic restrictions and closures
- Temporary 30mph speed limit on the A46
- Full road closure of Lincoln Road Welton until mid-December
- Diversion via Honeyholes Lane / Ryland Road / Lincoln Road Dunholme / A46, and vice versa
- Right-turn ban from A15 onto Heath Lane into Welton and from Heath Lane onto A15 until mid-December
- Temporary traffic signals, as required, from 9:30am to 3:30pm on the A46 from now until mid-December
Upcoming traffic restrictions and closures
- Temporary 24/7 traffic signals on the A46 throughout December 2020
If you have a few hours to spare, why not consider volunteering at the library
it can be a fun way of meeting new people and learning more skills; come and try a taster session.
For more details contact 01673 860336
If you wish to meet with a Councillor personally, please make an appointment via the Clerk
at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01673 860336
The Parish Office is open
Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 3.00pm
Friday 9.00am - 12.00pm
WLDC Benefits Surgery in the Parish Office Cancelled until further notice