Parish Council News
The council has one vacant seat to be filled by co-option - see the vacancies page for details.
All Parish Council meetings will be held face to face at Manor Park Sports Club where we can safely meet adhering to the latest Government guidance.
The Library is open with limited opening hours
For updates visit the Library & Community Hub section or our Facebook page:
Welton Village Library
Your Community needs YOU!
There is currently one vacant seat on the council. Please see the Vacancies page for details on how to apply to join the council and help make a difference in the village.
Parish Council Garden Awards 2021
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Best Front Garden
- Best Hanging Baskets and/or Window Boxes
- Best Hanging Baskets and/or Window Boxes - Business Premises
There is no entry form and judging will be carried out by members of the Council who will walk around the village during August, so get those green fingers working!
Current Projects the Council is Working on
- Enhancement of the lagoon area off Beckhall/Sudbeck Lane to create a haven for wildlife - if you would like to volunteer to help with this, please contact the Clerk
- Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) and outdoor Gym on the old bowling green at Manor Park
- Platinum Jubilee 2022 Celebration Event
- Installing 10 additional litter and dog bins around the village
- Planting a Community Orchard
Roads, Traffic and Footpaths
The Amenities & Services Committee is currently lobbying Lincolnshire County Council Highways with the following issues:
- A request to extend the footway on Cliff Road from where the developers installed a new path from the Saxon Springs development to the entrance of HealthLinc House
- Improvements to the footways around the village
- Potholes too numerous to mention
- Requesting the extension of the cycle path from the A46 into the village to benefit cyclists and pedestrians
- Speeding traffic which is to be addressed by the Parish Council through the Community SpeedWatch Scheme with a group of volunteers who have been trained to use a hand-held speed gun
- More signage on the roads into the village
Report fly-tipping at: https://www.west-lindsey.gov.uk/my-services/refuse-and-recycling/street-cleansing-and-litter-collection/fly-tipping/
Report street lighting faults, damage to footpaths or potholes, overhanging hedges at: https://fixmystreet.lincolnshire.gov.uk/ or telephone 01522 552222
Agendas for Council and Committee meetings are posted on the Council notice board and website at least three days in advance of meetings. All meetings are open to everyone and prior to the start of every meeting, time is allowed for members of the public and press to ask questions, to put forward ideas or make short statements to the Council. Items not on the agenda will not be debated, but if appropriate, will become an agenda item at the next available meeting. Reports from County and District Councillors may also be given at this time.
The Parish Office is open on Monday to Thursday from 9.00am until 3.00pm and until midday on Fridays, we are here to help with any queries that you may have and will bring them to the attention of the relevant Councillors or Committee.
Julie Murray, PSLCC
Clerk to the Council
Telephone: 01673 860336